How to GoSHIFT: Keep customers updated via SMS
Here’s a simple guide on how to utilize the SMS tools. With Go People SMS templates, you can send SMS to update your customers at every step of delivery with the GoSHIFT service.
You can access the SMS templates from the settings.
There are 5 different types of SMS we can send:
- Ready to dispatch - when the job is ready to be dispatched. Please note you can only send this SMS manually
- Delivery is on the way - when delivery is dispatched and on its way. There's an option to enable “Automatic SMS”, this SMS will be sent automatically when the driver clicks on the “Start delivering” button on the App. (This SMS is FREE when the delivery is made by a Go People Runner. 1 SMS per job)
- Delivery Made - when delivery is made. When you tick on the “Automatic SMS”, this SMS will be sent automatically when the driver completes a successful delivery on the App.
- Left at door - when delivery is left at the door. When you tick on the “Automatic SMS”, this SMS will be sent automatically when the driver indicates the delivery was left at the door on the App.
- Not delivered - when delivery is not delivered. When you tick on the “Automatic SMS”, this SMS will be sent automatically when the driver indicates the delivery was not able to be made on the App.
How to setup and update an SMS
- There’s a small box you can tick for ‘Automatic SMS’, enabling this will automatically send SMS to your customers once the delivery is on the way, delivery made, left at door, or not delivered.
- There’s a button to add a live tracking link, whenever you add this the customer will see the live status of the runner.
- Remember to save the settings.
- You are able to personalise the SMS message but take note that it has a max length 160 characters.
How to send SMS manually
1. How to send manually from GoSHIFT list , it will send SMS to recipients on the day.
2. Send from GoSHIFT action menu, it will send SMS to all recipients of the Shift.
3. From the Shift Summary, send to recipients for the Run.
4. From the Job View, send to recipient of the Job.
Send SMS pop-up
Once you click on the Send SMS button, a window will pop-up.
This pop-up window has a drop-down menu where you can choose a template. If you want a personalised SMS message, you can choose ‘No template’.